Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I've had a rough couple of days, RA-wise.

I had been doing super well. Minimal pain lasting about a week. The Frankenstein/Hunchback of Notre Dame walk was not quite as noticeable. But, the RA monster has returned with a vengeance. In the ankle, shoulder, wrists and elbow :( Not to mention lovely side-effects from meds. Needless to say, I'm feeling a little negative. But, I don't want to. I want to feel positive. So, despite the pain, despite the med-induced nausea and fatigue, I'm going to think about positive things:

Road trip camping on a beach. The sound of the waves and sleeping on soft sand was just enough to erase the millions of mosquitoes:












Living in a part of the country with views like this:













The only form of exercise I can do these days :) :





















Great friends who let me hold their really, really cute babies!:




All in all, life is pretty sweet. Sometimes you just need a little pick-me-up telling you that. So, maybe I have to hold down a job, but when I get holidays, they are filled with nature and amazing experiences shared with someone I love. I may not live in a cool, convenient city, but the wilderness and beauty around me far outweighs any convenience. Maybe I do walk like Frankenstein/Hunchback, but, boy can I ride a stationary bike! And, maybe I don't have my own babies yet, but I have many friends who do, and are all too happy to share the love and squishy-time :)

I feel better :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment