Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Wheeeee!!! Okay, it is no surprise to anyone who knows me, but I LOVE christmas!! I love the snow, the food, the family time, the time off from work, the music and the movies. My sister and I have already done our long-standing tradition of watching "The Santa Clause". She slept through the whole thing, as usual. What's unusual is that I stayed awake :). Domino didn't have to watch it by himself this year.

So much love and giddiness. We kick-started things last weekend by decorating the house. I actually realized how many decorations we have, and I guess didn't previously put out due to living in a one bedroom, basement apartment. Now that we are having our first christmas in our ridiculously big house, there's plenty of space for every knick-knack.

This weekend we are going out on ski-doo to cut our tree down. This is not a new tradition, but exciting none-the-less. We'll possibly throw the dog in the komatik, though last year she was not too impressed about sharing space with a tree. Despite the fact that she is pretty big, she demands to be lifted in and out. Except when a tree is involved, then she is as agile and high-jumper-esque as they come. We'll see.

Also, all of my in-laws may be coming in boxing day! Driving for at least two days!! Over a snow-covered highway!!! After just returning from Mexico!!!! Should be fun times :D And involving some serious acclimatizing :) I sincerely hope they make it, the parents have only been once (in may), and the brother and his girlfriend has never been. In my opinion winter is one of the best times to come to Labrador. Mind you, I like snow. Mind you, again, I don't shovel it.

Despite being a self-described "non-cook" I'm itching to do some kind of baking. Which is not helping my not-wanting-to-gain-any-more-fat plan. Hmmm, any easy ideas for those of us that are kitchen-challenged?

3 comments:

  1. In the first part, did you mean Loaf? Andrew and I have to watch 'Elf' soon. And I've just ordered the Garfield Christmas Special, as well as a bunch of other Christmassy shows.

    Um, I have a great cookie recipe, but it's not exactly fat-reducing. It calls for a whole cup of shortning. But very delicious! I'll e-mail it to you. I know stirring is probably uncomfortable for you for extended periods (MY arms get sore, anyway), but if you have a food processor it'll work in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the Loaf. Did you know she has a job now? CRAZY! She's so old and mature and as tall as me!

    I totally tried to find "National Lampoons Christmas" online, but no luck. I'm sure it will show on CBC.

    Will butter work in lieu of shortening? Ha ha, why do I kid myself? Cutting fat! I love butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have/had fun on your trek into the wilderness to find the perfect tree. I miss time spent on a ski doo. Wishing you and yours the best for this holiday season. I have enjoyed catching up on all your previous postings. For the record, I friggin' love cheese too! I hanker for hunka, a slice, a dab, or chunka...I hanker for a hunk of cheese, Ya Hoo! Ok so being from Canada it is likely you have never seen that after school commercial, but you get the jist.

    ReplyDelete