Saturday, January 2, 2010

Quiet house

After a wonderful, fun and food-filled week and a half with family, we are all alone again :( It's amazing how quickly time goes. One minute it's Christmas Eve and folks are just arriving, the next they are leaving, and work is looming. I don't want the season to end. It was pretty special sharing Christmas in Labrador with family from the south :) Fortunately we got totally dumped on by snow, and it dipped down to some frigid temperatures (-28 C with the windchill). Why come to Labrador if you can't experience some true cold?? Just to be noted, it definitely gets colder :) I got to eat some good Mexican food, made by a Mexican, some good Quebecois food made by a Quebecois, and lots of good Labrador food made by Labradorians (Including me! I actually cooked!!). Oh, and chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

Now, I am off to search for some good basal body temp charts on-line that suit me. Yup, that's right! The time is upon us as I am officially taking my last bc pill tonight :D :D :D I'm feeling apprehensive and ecstatic at the same time. I currently have three friends pregnant (three!). In my usual over-thinking way, my first thought is, "uh-oh. There is no way that we'd all be pregnant at the same time. Things just don't work that way. I'm not that lucky." Another part of me is all, "Of course I'm going to get pregnant asap! We'll all be pregnant together and it will be wonderful!" Though I don't normally make resolutions, I am determined to remain positive throughout it all, even if it takes a while. Plus, I have no choice. For the first couple of months Dom is going to be doing quite a bit of travelling, so good luck to us at actually being in the same place when I am ovulating. Fingers-crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment