Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Workin' It

I know I do this every once in a while, that post where I'm all, "Oh my gosh!  I totally just did something physical that I didn't think I could do!!".  Sorry, this is one of those posts again.  I can't help it, I'm positive sometimes :)

I got home yesterday, feeling the need to do some kind of physical activity (it had been a while).  So, I broke out the running shoes and got on the elliptical (I had tried it once since I got it back, but only for a few minutes).  I think I did about 15 minutes, broken with 30 second/one minute breaks to stretch and relax my ankle.  I knew after 15 minutes that my time on it was done, but I wasn't done.  So, then I hopped on my bike and did another 15 minutes.  I was actually sweaty and had an increased heart rate!  This is major for me.  Both physically and mentally.  I know that the one workout session didn't make a huge change in my body, but I do feel stronger just having accomplished that.

Oh, and my jealousy of my dog is going away as I am taking the afternoon off with my mom and doing some ice-fishing of my own!  AND, it is a totally beautiful day outside :)  Bliss.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Pony! I'm going to have to use you as a model while I have some time off. First though have to wait till my body stops crying out for my Enbrel shot tonight... :(

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, Laurie! It's so hard to actually want to exercise, but be unable to due to stupid RA. Hope your Enbrel shot goes quick, and gives relief soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Bravo my wonderful friend!! I know you can do more!

    Love,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete