Thursday, April 15, 2010

Passin' on the Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award


Holy Crap!  I was simply browsin' around last night, reading some blogs, when I went on over to Laurie's blog where she had been nominated for the Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award, had to spill ten things we don't know about her, then nominate 5 other bloggers for the award.  Guess what???  Yup, she nominated me!  AND, called me funny!  I completely freaked at my computer screen (simultaneously blushing and flapping my hands), causing my sweetie to, yet again, wonder what the heck is wrong with me.  Thank you, Laurie!  This is beyond cool (See how easy it is to excite me?).

So, I've since calmed down a little, and begun the thought process of some things y'all might not know about me....

1.  My nickname growing up was (and still is for some folks) Pony.  If you called me that, I would totally answer you.

2.  I'm part Inuit, part nearly everything else possible.

3.  I've had literally hundreds of dreams of whales and sharks.  Seriously.  The shark dreams are always scary, and the whale ones are sorta scary, in the sense that they are so big and powerful.  Oh yes, and I am nearly always in the water with them.  If not, I somehow end up in the water with them (falling, breaking docks, etc.).  Anyone know what this means?

4.  I was in a comedy/farce/sillyness video for my friend's band, Ticklish Brother.  It's basically making fun of how ridiculous obsession is.  I'm gonna be brave and give you the YouTube link: Close To You.  My pup, Fran, makes an appearance as well!

5.  I was going to go to school to be a midwife.  I love everything about pregnancy and birth.  I'd still like to do this, but don't know about doing a job like that (physically taxing, crazy hours) with RA.

6.  In relation to number 5, I've been at four different births :)  Beautiful.

7.  I lived in Ireland for 6 months doing a youth work program.  Whew, a lot of beer was consumed on that adventure!  Ireland is simply gorgeous, and the people incredibly welcoming.  It's a bit touristy in spots (Dublin, I'm looking at you), but there are some places where you get to experience it, on the west coast especially.  Go there!

8.  Onions drive me bananas most of the time, unless they are cooked really, really well.  However, one of the best things I've eaten (and helped make) is our onion soup.  Go figure.  Must be all the butter that's in it.

9.  I met my sweetie at the Women's Centre where I work.  I think of this as very cute and ironic :)  We don's see many men around these parts.

10.  I've been out of the country four times, and have been in less than half of my own country!!  I'm planning on changing that within the next year or so with a cross-country trip :)

So, onto the real fun part: nominating some other amazing women out there.  Reading their blogs is definitely a highlight of my day.  Most have RA, but all inspire me.  In no particular order, begin the fabulousity:

1.  Judy over at RA is Wild.  She also blogs about living a raw lifestyle over at RawSierra, and hikes and backpacks with RA like it's nobody's business!  This woman is die-hard, and a serious inspiration to me.

2.  Jenn at Project Jennifer.  She has recently had both hips replaced, and is still living and loving her life despite the aches and pains that come with it.  She also gets to work with folks with RA, which is freaking awesome!

3. My buddy and pal, Nadine at Unloading and Meandering.  I've known her since I was 13, and love her to death.  She's a passionate gardener, an amazing writer, and has a memory of an elephant!  Loves :)  Bet your surprised that I actually did this, huh, Nadine??  I'm not exactly wonderful at doing this type of thing (memes, lists, passing things on, etc.).

4. Confessions of an Ra Superbitch.  That woman is honest about life with RA, and it is beyond refreshing.

5.  RA (maybe) Mamma cause she is sharing my journey of preparing for, and getting pregnant, with RA.  It's a whirlwind journey for sure.  We need all the support we can get!

So, there it is!  I gotta admit, this has been pretty fun (and challenging).  Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

10 comments:

  1. Hey Pony!

    Glad you were so excited!!! I've amended the wording on my post, though, as I realize by saying "nominated" I might have mislead people. "Received" is a better word...hope that doesn't make you less excited about the whole thing!!

    Have a great day!

    :) L

    P.S. Loved the video! What a funny song!

    P.P.S. We have some things in common: I've been at 5 births, and I've also been to Ireland (although not for anywhere near as long!) and love the west coast the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, I had assumed that you just picked me, that it wasn't some kind of vote thing. I took it as a major compliment, regardless! I had seen plenty of awards floating around the blogosphere, and was pretty pumped that my little ole' blog was thought of. Shucks.

    This is a pretty cool way to learn more about our fellow bloggers, especially when they more things in common that just RA. Ireland is amazing , isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pony!!

    Thank you so much for passing on The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award (TFSDBA)! I am almost ready to post my blog with 10 fun, unknown facts (it's hard to think of interesting ones).

    And I watched the video of Close to You; very cute and funny. After you mentioned above you are part Inuit, I could totally see it in the video...you are beautiful!

    Okay, back to my 10 things;).

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, thank you!!!! You I know I love you and you've been so particularly awesome the past little while too (not that's you're not always awesome, but you know what I mean). *snif* Got me all verklempt, you.

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, I love your blog so naturally thought of you :) And, many thanks for the compliment *blush*!

    Nadine, any time I can make you verklempt is fun times :) Your welcome, sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pony, your video is hilarious! You were so cute in it, and the song was great too. Perfect. I'd never have the guts to make a video, so I salute you and your friends. I've never been to Ireland, but it's on the top of my "someday" list. My dream is to visit Northern Ireland, mainly (research, again...) and to see the west of Ireland. The photos I've seen are breathtaking.

    Hope you're about to have a wonderful weekend, even if it IS snowing. Stay cozy, make some onion soup (mmmmmm), relax and enjoy.

    Hugs,
    Wren

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you wanted (or want) to be a midwife. Would you also like to do home births? I just found your blog and it is nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure about the homebirth thing...I don't know of any midwives that would do it at home. We have a similar system here in my province as to the British system. We have nurse-midwives who do all the deliveries at our hospital. We have a new hospital, and the rooms are private and nice. I think I would be pretty comfortable there. Plus, my best friend's mom is a midwife and I'm really hoping she'll deliver my future baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the record...I enjoyed the video. Just what I needed today. I kinda shy away from main stream music and local bands always capture me. Well, until they become main stream...lol. I hope this finds you doing well. I am trying like hell to catch myself up on your posts. Hoping this finds you and Dom doing well. Mike...

    ReplyDelete
  10. MIKE!!! I'm so glad to hear from you! Nice to know you are still around :) How are things? Are you well? Take care of yourself, buddy!

    ReplyDelete