Tuesday, June 5, 2012

All By Myself

In a few days I will be traveling on a plane totally by myself since the operation (or well before).  I'm a little nervous, but don't think there is actually much to be worried about.  I'm at nearly 10 weeks post-op and the hip is getting stronger everyday.  I'm mostly concerned about the stairs getting on the plane, they're kind of steep and spaced far apart. 

I'm heading out for meetings, but going early to spend time with my godbabies!!  I can't wait!  I haven't seen these kids (and their parents, love them too), in months.  And, the last time I saw them was just before the replacement and the day after Dom's hand surgery.  EG., not the best time to have an enjoyable visit.

So, I haven't been back to work yet.  Which is a pretty long time.  It's been a combo of me taking my time and now my building is not open (new office building, yay!!).  I haven't worked since September and feel pretty nervous about getting back into that groove.  I'm worried that I'll be really uncomfortable in my two day long meetings coming up.

In other news, summer is coming!  We're getting the garden ready, and the greenhouse is getting full.  Can't wait to eat some fresh veggies from my backyard (well, fingers crossed we are successful).

4 comments:

  1. great to hear your hip is doing well! good luck with the flight, im sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Squirrel! The trip was exhausting, but awesome!

      Delete
  2. You can do it! I'm so proud of you and I thought of you tons today during the walk. I'll even admit to crying a little bit at the Chairperson's speech just before the walk started. *hugs* And kiss those babies (I assume they're J's) for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling :) Thank you for the walk and for your love! And, don't worry, I did some kissin' :D

      Delete