Sunday, October 7, 2012

Giving Thanks

It's Thanksgiving weekend up here in these parts.  I'm currently lounging around in a fluffy robe, after having got up the butt-crack of dawn to see off Dom.  No, he's not heading out of town, he was off to catch a bus that would take him to the starting line of his first marathon.  Sometimes I wonder how well matched we really are?  Dude is going to run for nearly four hours today and I can barely walk across the parking lot. 

But, I can walk across a parking lot, without crutches, without a wheelchair.  I can go stand at the finish line and cheer in my sweet love.  For this I am thankful.  I have to keep reminding myself that things could be worse.  Even at my bleakest, this-crap-sucks times, it could be worse.  I am thankful I have access to great, free health care; that surgeries and medicine exist that make my life better; that technology has advanced so much that I have a community of others at my fingertips who know exactly what I'm talking about, without ever having to get off my comfy couch; and especially for my family and friends (crackpots though they may be - running for HOURS - crazytown).

And, turkey. Oh, the turkey that will be consumed today.  And, pie.  Let us not forget pie.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving! Love that you guys across the pond have managed to squeeze in one extra food-related holiday. Jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete